Who can become a Monadnock Buy Local Member?
- The business is privately held and not publicly traded.
- The business is located in our community and 50% or more of the business ownership lives within a reasonable distance from the MBL footprint or in our state more than half of the year.
- Business is based locally and has no corporate or national headquarters outside the state.
- Business can make independent decisions regarding the name and look of the business, as well as all business purchasing practices and distribution.
- Business pays all marketing, rent, and other business expenses without assistance from a corporate headquarters.
How much does membership cost?
Basic Annual Membership is $100. Sustaining Members give $500 and Granite Members $250. We also have an monthly installment payment option. See the benefits of joining at each level.
Where can I pick up a copy of the Monadnock Buy Local (MBL) Directory?
You can find MBL Directories at these locations.
Who started MBL and who is publishing the Buy Local Guide?
Founded in June 2009, Monadnock Buy Local started as a pilot project of the Keene Downtown Group called the Keene Buy Local Initiative (KBL) in Keene, NH. Since its inception, the Keene Buy Local Initiative committee has been staffed by volunteers, mostly local business owners. Together the group organized and launched Monadnock Buy Local (MBL), designed a logo, and created a website, brochures and handouts. In August 2010, the first MBL Buy Local Guide was printed and distributed throughout the Monadnock Region. Now, a new Buy Local Guide comes out every July.
In January 2011, the Hannah Grimes Center became our fiscal agent and in 2014 we incorporated as a 501-C6.
How is the MBL Directory distributed?
By volunteers!! Interested in helping distribute directories in your town? Contact email@example.com.
What does being a community supporter involve and does it include a listing in the directory?
Right now a community supporter is just that – someone who believes in the mission and vision of Monadnock Buy Local and donates $25 to the cause. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.