Plaid Friday was November 23, 2012: Show your support for local and independent businesses
THANK YOU TO THE MORE THAN 300 COMMUNITY MEMBERS FOR SUPPORTING PLAID FRIDAY IN THE MONADNOCK REGION!
Plaid Friday celebrates the diversity and creativity of local and independent businesses. It’s a fun and enjoyable alternative to the big box store “Black Friday” consumer frenzy. Also, it’s a way to show your support for Monadnock Buy Local – a network of locally-owned businesses, organizations and citizens working to build a stronger local economy.
Plaid Friday Hubs
Below are the Plaid Friday Hubs that will photograph customers decked out in plaid and answer questions about Plaid Friday and Monadnock Buy Local on November 23rd:
- Hannah Grimes Marketplace in Keene
- Howard’s Leather in Spofford
- Inn at Valley Farms in Walpole
- Life is Sweet Candy Store in Keene
- MB Massage Studio in Keene
- MindFull Books & Ephemera in Jaffrey
- One Stop Country Pet Supply in Keene
- Pocketful of Rye in Keene
- Prime Roast Coffee Roasters in Keene
- Toadstool Bookshop in Keene
- Toadstool Bookshop in Peterborough
- Walpole Valley Farms in Walpole
- Your Kitchen Store in Keene
Stay tuned for more hubs throughout the Monadnock Region!
Plaid Friday was created in Oakland, CA to bring back the times when shopping for friends and family was a pleasurable leisurely activity. Now it is celebrated throughout the nation as a kick-off event to the Shift Your Shopping Campaign.
Show your support! Wear plaid while shopping on November 23rd.
*Many thanks to Chris and Caitlin Caserta of Walpole Valley Farms for modeling Plaid Friday’s suggested attire.